Introduction and Acceptance
Beam Access and Use
- remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on Beam or Website Content;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of our Websites including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of our Websites or Website Content;
- use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” our Websites or Website Content for any purpose without the express written permission of Beam. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Beam grants public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Website Content from our Websites for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Website Content that is available to the public. Beam reserves the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
- collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from our Websites including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- attempt to or interfere with the proper working of our Websites or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of any our Websites;
- use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from any of our Websites;
- encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person’s Membership (as defined in Section B) without permission, etc.);
- violate U.S. export laws, including, without limitation, violations of the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations administered by the Department of Commerce; or
- engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Websites.
In order to access or use some features of Beam, you will have to become a registered user. If you are under the age of eighteen, then you are not permitted to register as a user or otherwise submit personal information to Beam.
If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you will create a username and password (a “Membership”), which may permit you access to certain areas of our Websites not available to non-registered users. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to notify us immediately at beam.works/support of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on our Websites (collectively, “submit”) messages, templates, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). Subject to the rights and license you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published on our Websites. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
- includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
- is a chain letter of any kind.
Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Websites will not be permitted.
By submitting User Content, you also grant us the right, but not the obligation to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name and geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your User Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” or rights of “droit moral” with respect to the User Content.
We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We have the right in our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any User Content.
Website Content & Third Party Links
We provide our Websites and Website Content, for the commercial, entertainment and promotional purposes of providing web-based services for the web design and web development of others. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on any of our Websites for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Website Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Website Content.
In many instances, Website Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on our Websites by anyone other than authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
If there is a dispute between persons accessing our Websites or between persons accessing our Websites and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved. If there is such a dispute, you hereby release Beam and its officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with such dispute.
Our Websites may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF OUR WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR WEBSITES AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GRAPHCOIN LABS AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF GRAPHCOIN LABS; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITES OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY OF OUR WEBSITES; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITES; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
Limitation on Liability
In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If you become a registered user, you may terminate your Membership at any time by going to Membership page and selecting the appropriate option.
Choice of Law
In the Dispute Resolution Section only, “we” and “us” are used to refer to you and Graphcoin Labs together.
We each are responsible for our respective costs relating to counsel, experts, and witnesses, as well as any other costs relating to the arbitration. However, we will cover any arbitration administrative or filing fees above: (a) $25 if you are seeking less than $1,000 from us; or (b) the equivalent court filing fees for a court action in the appropriate jurisdiction if you are seeking $1,000 or more from us.
If either of us wants to arbitrate a dispute, we agree to send written notice to the other providing a description of the dispute, previous efforts to resolve the dispute, all supporting documents/information, and the proposed resolution. We agree to make attempts to resolve the dispute. If we cannot resolve the dispute within forty-five (45) days of receipt of the notice to arbitrate, then we may submit the dispute to formal arbitration.
The FAA applies to this Agreement and arbitration provision. We each agree the FAA’s provisions, not state law, govern all questions of whether a dispute is subject to arbitration.
We each agree not to pursue arbitration on a classwide basis. We each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and us (not brought on behalf of or together with another individual’s claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in court.
Either of us may bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
No Class Actions
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
No Trial By Jury
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
Amendment; Additional Terms
All notices, requests, and communications hereunder shall be in writing, and any such notice, request or other communication shall be deemed to have been given or made when delivered by hand, transmitted by fax and confirmed or, in the case of delivery by mail, when deposited in the mail, certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, to: Graphcoin Labs, 575 Market Street, San Francisco CA 94105